Working for Summersdale
Publicity & Marketing Intern
Summersdale Publishers has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and organised Publicity and Marketing Intern to join the team at their offices in Chichester. This is initially a 6 month paid internship to start as soon as possible.
Salary: £16,000 P/A
Reporting to the PR Manager you will assist them and others on a variety of tasks including:
- Day-to-day administrative running of the department
- Maintaining internal media databases
- Monitoring media coverage
- Planning and delivering social media activity
- Assisting with marketing mailshots
- Arranging competitions and offers with both print and online media
- Writing copy for PR and marketing materials
- Researching and identifying relevant brands for promotions and collaborations
- Liaising with media via email and phone
- Liaising with authors
- Organising and attending book launches
- Planning and undertaking PR campaigns
- Producing weekly media reports for internal and external contacts
You will have a good academic record, preferably to degree level, and will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and organisational skills as well as a genuine commitment to a career in marketing or PR, ideally in publishing.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate that they:
- Have excellent communication skills, as you will be working closely with both internal and external audiences.
- A hands-on approach and willing to get stuck-in!
- First class writing skills and an excellent eye for detail.
- Are well versed in all forms of social media.
- Can take initiative and handle a fast-paced environment.
- Would be willing to represent Summersdale at book launches and industry events with PR Manager.
- Are confident and self-motivated.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Closing date: Friday 27th October 2017