Working for Summersdale
Publicity, Sales & Marketing Intern
Summersdale Publishers has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and organised Publicity, Sales and Marketing Intern to join the team at their offices in Chichester. This is initially a 6-month paid internship to start in late May.
Salary: £16,000 P/A
Reporting to the PR Manager you will assist them, and the Sales Director and their team on a variety of tasks including:
• Day-to-day administrative running of the PR department
• Maintaining internal media databases
• Monitoring media coverage
• Planning and delivering social media activity
• Assisting sales department developing sales and marketing material
• Arranging competitions and offers with both print and online media
• Writing copy for PR materials
• Researching and identifying relevant brands for promotions and collaborations
• Approaching brands and subsequent follow-up via email and phone
• Researching and contacting new offline and online sales opportunities
• Liaising with media via email and phone
• Liaising with authors
• Organising and attending book launches
• Planning and undertaking PR campaigns
• Producing weekly media reports for internal and external contacts
You will have a good academic record, preferably to degree level, and will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and organisational skills as well as a genuine commitment to a career in PR, marketing or sales, ideally in publishing.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate that they:
• Have excellent communication skills, as you will be working closely with both internal and external audiences.
• A hands-on approach and willing to get stuck-in!
• First class writing skills and an excellent eye for detail.
• Are well versed in all forms of social media.
• Can take initiative and handle a fast-paced environment.
• Would be willing to represent Summersdale at book launches and industry events with PR Manager.
• Are confident and self-motivated.
Please send your CV and covering letter giving reasons why you think you would be right for the role to:
Closing date 4th May. If you do not hear back from us by 11th May, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.