A Tippler's Miscellany
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208
- Price: £9.99
- Publication date: 10 September 2015
- ISBN: 9781849537551
About the book
Did You Know,
- The word ‘toast’ comes from the Ancient Roman practice of dropping a piece of burned bread into wine to reduce acidity.
- Rum was so important in New England that a contract wasn’t considered sealed until a glass had been drunk?
- Most insects and animals are attracted to alcohol and actively seek out fermenting fruit.
- Women were the first brewers of beer and all the deities of beer are female.
'Jane Peyton's passion for the subject shines through on every page of this riotous, irreverent journey through the world of drink. Chock full of fascinating drinks trivia too.'
Alice Lascelles, columnist, The Times, and founding editor of Imbibe magazine