Dog Selfies and Cat Selfies: extended deadline for submissions!
Make your pet famous! If you have a cute, crazy or hilarious photo of your dog or cat looking like they’re taking a selfie, simply send it to Summersdale and it could feature in our new books Cat Selfies and Dog Selfies, coming out in October 2014. All you have to do is send the snap (as high-res as possible, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your pet’s name and your contact details.
As if that wasn’t enough, there will be a £100 cash prize for the best photo in each book, plus £25 worth of Summersdale books for every contributor featured in each book. We’ll also be sending every successful entrant a copy of the book their pet is in.
It’s time to show the world what a talented selfie-snapper your puss or pooch is – send your photos in now!
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of entry
1. This is a competition for photographs to be published in the forthcoming books Dog Selfies and Cat Selfies. To enter, please submit your photo of a dog or cat posing as if it were taking a selfie picture to email@example.com. The following prizes shall be awarded to people who submit the best photos based on the criteria below:
a. The First-prize Winner for best selfie photo chosen for each book will win a cash prize of £100.00 payable by cheque to the winner and their winning photograph will be published in the appropriate book.
b. Runner-up Winners will receive £25 worth of Summersdale books of their choice (subject to availability) and their photographs will be published in the appropriate book.
First-prize Winners and Runner-up Winners will have the option to be credited in the book. Such credit to take the form of the winner’s name and the name of their pet. Successful submissions will be contacted via email to arrange this. Summersdale may contact entrants for more information about their pets to be included in the book. Winner’s names will be printed within the book on a page listing contributors.
2. The Winners and Runner-up Winners will be selected from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: photographic quality, composition, creativity and style of the image. The Winners and Runner-up Winners shall be selected by a panel from Summersdale Publishers Ltd.
3. The First-prize Winners and Runner-up Winners may see their entry posted on the Summersdale Publishers Ltd website and possibly other websites and Twitter accounts. Winning entries may be used to promote either Dog Selfies or Cat Selfies in print or electronic form.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition is open now and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 9th June 2014. Any entries received after this time will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 14 or over except employees of Summersdale Publishers Ltd, or their families. If the Winners and Runner-up Winners are under 18 years of age, they will be asked to have a guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prizes.
7. A maximum of 5 separate entries per person allowed. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
a. By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) the submission contains the entrant’s own original work; and (ii) nothing in the submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or is in any way a breach of another’s right. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
b. By entering the competition, you hereby grant to Summersdale Publishers Ltd an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, license to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use your entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all medium now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, Summersdale Publishers Ltd is under no obligation to make any use of your entry and Summersdale Publishers Ltd shall make no payment to you (other than to Winners as part of the prizes) for any use of Your Entry.
c. We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
8. Summersdale Publishers Ltd is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. Summersdale Publishers Ltd reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The Winners will be contacted via email by 1st July 2014.
11. The email addresses of entrants may be used by Summersdale to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
12. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. This competition is being organised by Summersdale Publishers Ltd, 46 West Street, Chichester, PO19 1RP.
14. By entering the competition, you agree that you irrevocably release Summersdale Publishers Ltd from any claim, liability, damage or costs incurred by you related to your participation in the competition. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.