Come Rain or Shine
A Weather Miscellany
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208
- Price: £9.99
- Publication date: 9 July 2015
- ISBN: 9781849537186
About the book
Read on to discover…
• The truth about upside-down rainbows.
• The pioneers of meteorology – their instruments and inventions.
• How to win a balloon race.
• The largest raindrops ever recorded.
• ‘Watermelon snow’, ‘thundersnow’ and ‘weather bombs’.
• The ten main types of cloud and the different features of lightning.
The weather is a subject that the British simply cannot leave alone, and for good reason – it’s likely that for more than half the year they will experience at least three seasons in one day, so there’s always plenty to talk about.
This charming miscellany, as wide-ranging and unpredictable as the weather itself, is filled with curious historical facts, amazing statistics and fascinating anecdotes that will keep you entertained come rain or shine!
‘This delightful read will have you glued to each page as it delivers a succession of curious meteorological facts.’
NFU Countryside Magazine
‘It's only fair to warn that once you dip into it you may well not re-emerge for some time.’