Fly Without Fear
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Ebook
- Pages: 320
- Price: £6.99
- Publication date: 10 January 2011
- ISBN: 9780857654915
About the book
Do you have a deep-rooted fear of flying, or would you simply like to be more relaxed when you get on a plane? In this informative and accessible guide, veteran airline pilot Captain Keith Godfrey and psychologist Dr Alison Smith welcome you aboard and take you through everything from take-off to touchdown, helping you to feel more confident and at ease when journeying by air. Many of the questions that trouble nervous flyers are addressed; for example:
• What is turbulence?
• Why are there so many unusual noises during a flight, and what are they?
• How does an aircraft stay in the air?
• What happens if an engine fails?
• How effective are air traffic controllers?