For the Love of The Archers
An Unofficial Companion: Revised and Updated
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 240
- Price: £9.99
- Publication date: 8 October 2015
- ISBN: 9781849537735
About the book
A revised and updated edition of the bestselling guide to all things Ambridge, For the Love of the Archers contains extensive all-new content that will keep any fan of the show enlightened and entertained.
It’s been over 70 years since the familiar dum-di-dum-didum-di-dum of “Barwick Green” first brought The Archers to our airwaves, and in that time millions of listeners have followed the everyday lives of country folk in Ambridge.
Bringing together a wealth of fascinating facts, amusing insights and expert trivia about characters, controversies and country customs in one handy volume – now fully revised and updated to include recent developments – this companion is the perfect gift for avid addicts and keen newcomers alike.
Long-time Archers super-fan Beth Miller will be your highly engaging guide to every aspect of radio’s most enduring drama, including the following recurring features:
- Welcome to Ambridge takes you on a tour of all the key locations
- Meet the Characters profiles all your favourite personalities
- Memorable Moments celebrates some of the most entertaining and emotional episodes
- Gone But Not Forgotten remembers the dearly departed
- Quiz Night at the Bull tests your knowledge of the programme at regular intervals
For all this and much more, dive into this incredible miscellany and become a true Ambridge expert.
‘Everything you could want to know about the popular radio show.’
The People’s Friend
‘I strongly recommend that fans past, present and future put this book on their Christmas list, or better still buy it themselves just to be sure of getting a copy!’
Happy Sarah The Cook Blog
'a perfect book for fans old and new'
Louise Reviews Blog