A Circular Tour of the London Orbital
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208
- Price: £9.99
- Publication date: 8 October 2015
- ISBN: 9781849537698
About the book
Have you ever wanted to know…
- Which junction to take for Gibraltar?
- How to save £35,040 a year on Dartford Crossing tolls?
- How many assassins were buried within the concrete of the M25? (at least one)
- Why it’s important that North Ockendon declares itself independent from Greater London at the earliest opportunity?
This indispensable biography of a road profiles the 117 miles of Britain’s most infamous motorway, from its controversial origins to its present-day status as backdrop to the lives and commutes of millions. Told with Ray Hamilton’s trademark powers of observation and off-the-wall humour, it is an eye-opening account of the stuff you didn’t know about the M25 – including the action, sightseeing or nature-loving fun you can have coming off at any junction – and a very different view of the stuff you did know.
'One reason... for keeping this book in the car’s glovebox and within reach at all times'
The Sunday Times Driving Website
‘Fun facts and stories and a junction-by-junction guide in perfect time for its 30th anniversary next year’
The Daily Express
‘More than an anorak’s guide’
The Sunday Times