Though many of us are unaware of it, everyone has messages running through their head. Some of the messages are positive: ‘Well done, that was great’, or neutral, ‘What am I going to have for dinner?’ But for many people the messages are negative and self-critical: ‘Why did you go and say that?’, ‘You’ll never be successful’, ‘You’re pathetic’. These messages have a profound impact on how we feel and behave, and ultimately they affect how happy and successful we are in life.
This is the first book to provide a range of tried and tested techniques for transforming your inner critic. By using these techniques you can transform your thoughts, feelings and behaviour to become a happier person. This book covers such topics as:
• Understanding your inner critic
• Listening to your whole self and not just your inner critic
• Being proud of yourself and your strengths
• Releasing your inner wisdom
• Handling criticisms from others
• Creating more fun in your life