The Hedgerow Apothecary
Recipes, Remedies and Rituals
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208
- Price: £14.99
- Publication date: 10 October 2019
- ISBN: 9781787830295
About the book
Learn to forage in the hedgerows like the herbalists of the past with this best-selling beginner’s guide.
For centuries our ancestors looked to nature not just for food, but also for healing. To this day, our ancient hedgerows, woodlands and forests are still full of remedies – and they’re waiting to be discovered.
This is the essential guide to enjoying the bountiful delights of the natural world. Learn how to make delicious preserves, healing balms, soothing toddies and cures for colds with nature’s jewels such as rose hips, elderberries and mugwort.
You will also find:
- Photographs to help you safely identify edible plants
- Advice on what is available in each season
- Guidance on how best to prepare and preserve your finds
- The fascinating folklore and history of foraging
Every walk is an opportunity to learn, identify a new plant, gather something to eat and reconnect with nature – so dive in to begin your foraging adventure.