The Little Book of Philosophy
An Introduction to the Key Thinkers and Theories You Need to Know
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 128
- Price: £6.99
- Publication date: 13 June 2019
- ISBN: 9781786858085
About the book
If you want to know your Socrates from your Sartre and your Confucius from your Kant, strap in for this whirlwind tour of the highlights of philosophy. Including accessible primers on:
- The early Ancient Greek philosophers and the ‘big three’: Socrates, Plato and Aristotle
- Key schools of philosophy and their impact on modern life
- Insights into the main questions philosophers have explored over the years: Who am I? What is the meaning of life? Do I have free will?
- Practical applications for the theories of Descartes, Kant, Wollstonecraft, Marx, Nietzsche and many more.
This illuminating little book will introduce you to the key thinkers, themes and theories you need to know to understand how human ideas have sculpted the world we live in and the way we think today.