Understanding and Dealing with Depression
- Imprint: Summersdale
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 176
- Price: £8.99
- Publication date: 1 July 2013
- ISBN: 9781849533911
About the book
People suffering from depression can feel helpless and lost, but a basic understanding of the condition can go a long way to helping to treat it and its symptoms.
Depression affects 1 in 5 adults at some point during their lives*, and for many people it can seriously affect their quality of life, as well as having a significant effect on family and friends.
This book gives the basic information needed to understand what depression is, how to recognise it, and, most essentially, how to deal with it, including details on:
• Different types of depression
• What depression can feel like
• Medical and holistic ways of treating depression
• Things you can do yourself to control the symptoms