Working for Summersdale
Summersdale – Sales Operations Manager
Closing date: 16th September
Start date: Early January 2020
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Summersdale, one of the UK’s largest gift and humour publishers, presents an exciting opportunity for a Sales Operations Manager with a proven track record, excellent commercial awareness and a strong team player.
We are an award-winning, vibrant publisher that benefits from being part of the Octopus Publishing Group whilst retaining an independent, entrepreneurial and energetic spirit. In addition to our gift and humour list, we also create exceptional books in the non-fiction, travel writing and health & wellbeing genres.
Key attributes and function:
Reporting to the Head of Sales you will ensure the smooth running of all sales operations related functions by monitoring the annual sales budget and managing internal sales and stock information flow to maximise sales, minimise cost and improve profitability.
Key functions of the role include:
- Working with the Summersdale sales team and Octopus and Hachette Group sales colleagues to facilitate information flow, as well as the scheduling, production and distribution of all sales materials.
- Support in the management of UK and export accounts combined with the provision and analysis of sales data across all accounts. This includes providing stock and reprint reports, review of US sales and stock reports and quarterly overstock reporting.
- Collaboration with Summersdale, Octopus and Hachette distribution colleagues to monitor and improve distribution performance, accuracy and reporting.
- Attending monthly acquisitions meetings to provide commercial input as well as weekly sales and publicity meetings.
- The role necessitates some travel within the UK to customer meetings, UK trade fairs and the Octopus Publishing Group London offices.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Collaborative team player with a good sense of humour
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong communications skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail combined with a firm grasp of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of inventory management processes
- Ideally knowledge of Cognos, publisher information retrieval systems and Nielsen Bookscan
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to: Charlotte Williams, Associate Director at email@example.com. Alternatively send to: Charlotte Williams, Summersdale Publishers, 46 West Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1RP.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.